Monday, August 31, 2015

Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger

I am trying to write a Medigap policy on a lady. Just about to lose it.

We have met twice. Something I NEVER do.

1st time she asked a lot of questions. Took copious notes.

I took notes too. Followed up with an email reiterating and confirming everything we discussed.

Over the next few weeks she sent several emails, often asking the same question over and over again.

I responded by copying and pasting from earlier email.

Called a couple of weeks later and wanted to meet again. Almost said no, but I was going to be driving by the Starbucks where we met the first time. Agreed to give her 15 minutes more.

She brought her notes, including all the emails.

We talked some more. I thought she had it.

Plan G, Equitable.

A week later she said she had decided on G with AARP.

Of course we had discussed AARP/UHC and I told her they don't have plan G and I don't write through them. I gave her the AARP number and suggested she call them direct.

She didn't take the hint.

Emailed today, said she wanted Aetna, plan G.

Emailed back and told her what I would need, it will take 10 minutes by phone.

She wanted to know why I needed bank info. Of course we had discussed that before, but ........

Me - For the bank draft.

Her - I want to pay by credit card.

Me - No credit card, bank draft only.

Her - Can I use billpay?

Me - No billpay, bank draft only.

Her - I will need the exact address so I can use billpay.

Me - No checks, cash, money order, Western Union, credit cards, billpay .........

Automatic bank draft only.

Her - First month only, then billpay?


Me - Automatic bank draft.

1st month.

Every month.


I feel like I am in a SNL skit.
blog comments powered by Disqus